Jollof Rice with Jen and Manfred
on You Tube!
- 1 lb chicken wings
- Lawry’s Black Pepper Seasoned Salt, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 small red onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 15oz can chicken broth
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 1 hot pepper (jalepeño, serano, habenaro, whatever ya like!)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons shrimp powder
- 1 8oz can corned beef
- 4 cups rice
- Begin by pureeing 1 small red onion, 2 garlic cloves, and 1/2 the can of chicken broth in a blender.
- Season the chicken wings with the seasoned salt, and add the pureed onion and garlic. Place on a large baking sheet and bake at 400° for about 20 minutes.
- Add the can of tomatoes, the remaining garlic and onion, fresh tomatoes, and hot pepper into the blender and puree.
- Heat 1/2 c hot oil in a large pot. When the oil starts to ripple, carefully pour in the tomato mixture. Stir well and add two tablespoons of shrimp powder. Stir to combine and let simmer 30 minutes. You may want to taste for seasoning.
- Add the can of corned beef to the pot, stir, and then add the prepared chicken wings. Stir to combine.
- Add the rice, stir, and cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the lid, stir, and cook 30 minutes more.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!